Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring Challenge Day 4: Bugs


 When I thought of bugs, I thought of grass and caterpillars and bees.  Then I realized I have two very pale green nail polishes, and neither would really look good as grass.  So I decided to do a nice light green with yellow stamped and yellow stamped with green.   I'm not quite sure if a butterfly is a bug, but for the sake of the challenge, i'm considering it a bug.  I used my salon express stamping kit for this and one bundle monster stamp, because there were a butterfly's and a firefly or a dragonfly, not quite sure which, that I used.  I really liked this, the stamps were very light, but I liked that you had to take a closer look to see the design. 








I used Sally Hansen Complete Care 4-in-1 treatment for base coat and top coat.  Two coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Chartreuse Chase (Green) and Two Coats of Ulta Sun-Sational (Yellow) and stamped with the opposite color.  


If you would like to know more about the challenge or see the others participating, click on the link below

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I have to get that stamp. I love dragonflies and didn't know there was a stamp of one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's worth the ten bucks for some of the designs.

      Delete
  2. I like designs like this where it's subtle, it's like a special little surprise when you get close enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's like two totally different looks.

      Delete

Thanks for looking at my blog! Feel free to leave any thoughts or suggestions. I read and reply to all the comments.